Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A little step at a time

“从哪里跌倒,就从哪里爬起” 
It's pretty unusual to start a blog post with Chinese, but this phrase have been triggering my thoughts about a huge leap i have done recently. To explain the phrase a little, it means to stand up from where you fall.
Standing up after a huge fall is always the most embarrassing, suck-ish feeling ever. We have always been so obsessed with moving forward, never turning back and finding new goals. But many a times, we are just timid cowards that dare not face our fears; Fears of getting mocked at, fears of being the "topic of gossip".
No doubt, I am one of those people too, always finding ways to drift away from the unhappiness, thinking that things will be fine as time passes. I mean yes, leaving the matter and moving on works, but what if it's a passion? a dream?
Revolving my life around dance, i have surrendered myself to revel in the presence of music and movements for the past 10 years. This fall took me awhile to get back up on my feet, but i'm glad i tried. And i'm proud to have persevered on. I'm still working on getting things back to track, not just being the old Ryann Tan, but a dancer that is much more grounded and stronger. A little at a time, I'm sure i'll never let this dream fly.

Love,
Ryann


No comments:

Post a Comment