Friday, April 29, 2016

Blessed x thankful

"The secret of happiness is low expectations."- Barry Schwartz

Wow... i really have no idea where i should start from.
All i can think of is how blessed i am this April.

We have always been so obsessed with "ideal" birthday celebrations - pretty cakes, gorgeous decorations, fluffy-floral-y dresses and many many helium balloons. However, we didn't give enough credits to the people who made it beautiful - family meals, heart-felt wishes, scheduled meet ups and mini surprises.

This 18th, i was utterly pampered by every close family and friends around me. From sumptuous family dinners, to surprises one after another, to cakes, to more family companies, to birthday gifts, heart-felt messages, cards.... and the list goes on and on.

I'm really grateful for everything. Which leads me to think;
What actually means most to me? 
and i came to realize, its not about the flowers, gifts, balloons, but the company around, and a true blessing. 
Words cant describe how thankful i am to have friends that travel all the way down to my block just to give me a pleasant surprise, taking the time to text me on the dot, and typing out dedications. I'm really very blessed to receive so much this month. 

Not forgetting my parents, close friends - Jia Wen, Noorul, Diana Tock, SzePing, MRT gang that have spent so much effort and money in surprising me. 
Honestly, I was really shocked and stunned every moment. Sorry for not reacting fast enough, because i didn't expect anything coming.
And i was even stupid enough to think that the waitress coming towards me with the cake, wasn't for me. 
But how ever stupid reactions I had, I wanna thank every single one who have made my 18 so special. Yes indeed i didn't have a big birthday celebration, neither do i have 18 helium balloons hanging before my face, but i have had people around me whom i truly know i can lean on whenever i need a shoulder.

Well a new phase in life, i guess we just have to say goodbye to the ever childish Ryann Tan, it's time to grow up my dear. 

Love,
18 y/o, Ryann Tan


Photo time!!!
Really super shocked!!!! and its the first time a restaurant played Happy Birthday song for me, and everyone sand along!!!! 
Thank you girls <3 <3 <3
Thank you for spending so much on me :')





Thank you Jia Wen, i love you alot!!!!
Thank you for your prayers and blessings <3 
MEGA LOVE FOR THEM ;)
MRT GANG
AND last but not least Happy Birthday Babe!!! Love you alot <3333

No comments:

Post a Comment